I make all my cakes using free-range eggs, real dairy butter, and sourcing British & local ingredients wherever possible (British flour & butter, sugar from Suffolk, fresh fruit & jams from Essex & Suffolk, eggs from a local farm).
Choose from the following yummy flavours – why not have a different flavour on each tier. Smooth fondant iced cakes also include a base coat of white chocolate ganache beneath the top icing. For those considering a naked or semi-naked cake the list below is shown in order of colour, from lightest to darkest (the first four are all the same colour) :
- Simple Sponge – moist sponge cake layered with Madagascan vanilla buttercream and strawberry, raspberry or blueberry jam
- Lemon & Passion fruit – lemon sponge layered with a lemon & passion fruit buttercream and fresh passion fruit. Why not try just lemon, or laced with lemon liqueur
- Rhubarb & Vanilla – simple sponge made with added fresh rhubarb, and layered with a rhubarb & vanilla buttercream
- Orange, Lime & Coconut – orange, lime & coconut flavour sponge, layered with an orange & lime buttercream. Why not try laced with Malibu or Cointreau
- Strawberries & Champagne (seasonal) – strawberry sponge, made with fresh strawberries and layered with a champagne flavour buttercream & strawberry jam
- Coffee & Baileys – moist coffee sponge, layered with Baileys buttercream. Why not try with added walnuts, or laced with coffee liqueur
- Carrot cake – deliciously moist, made with sultanas & plenty of fresh carrots (contains a little alcohol). Not usually layered with anything as it’s perfect without
- Fruit cake – a light, Dundee-style fruit cake (contains a little alcohol)
- Ginger cake – moist gingery sponge, layered with Madagascan vanilla buttercream (not suitable for dairy-free)
- Red Velvet – an American classic, layered with a cream cheese flavour buttercream (not suitable for dairy-free)
- Chocolate Heaven – moist chocolate sponge, layered with a chocolate fudge & salted caramel buttercream. Why not try chocolate orange, or with added chocolate chips
- Chocolate Raspberry – chocolate sponge with added fresh raspberries, layered with a chocolate & raspberry buttercream. My personal favourite!
- Red Wine Chocolate – a very rich, deep flavour, made with lashings of red wine & layered with a cream cheese flavour buttercream
All cakes contain eggs, gluten and wheat and may contain milk products. Dairy-free & gluten-free options are available for most cakes on request (but see exceptions above).
All marzipan and fruit cakes contain nuts (almonds). Nut-free fruit cakes are available on request.
Cakes using dried fruit (fruit cakes, carrot cake) may also contain traces of sulphur dioxide.