Help!! We don't know where to start with our wedding cake!
The trouble is there are far too many options, so it can all get a bit overwhelming! Fear not.
Don’t worry if you don’t yet have a fixed idea of what you want your cake to look like. Free consultations are available for all wedding cake orders, and together we can design your dream cake. Here are a few things you can think about to give us a starting point:
- Google ‘wedding cakes’ & see what grabs you – both good & bad. Making a note of what you love (and hate) will really help us narrow it down. When doing this, if you find you keep being drawn to a particular style of cake (e.g. rustic wedding cakes) then start your google search again using ‘rustic wedding cakes’ (or whatever) instead to narrow it down even further. Print out pictures or send me a link for anything that really catches your eye. Do the same on Pinterest & create your own board of things you like (not necessarily just cakes) that we can go through together.
- Do you have a theme?
Not everyone has a particular theme for their wedding, but even if you don’t, the overall style of your cake is likely to be influenced by several factors such as:
– The time of year you’re getting married
– The venue you’ve chosen; is it a stately home (= posh cake) or a converted barn (= something much more simple & rustic)?
– The scale of your wedding; is it a huge affair or a simple family gathering?
- Do you have a colour scheme? An all white palette, for example, would lend itself to a very different style of cake than say, a brown & gold theme.
- Is there something personal you’d like to incorporate? e.g:
– to remind you of someone special
– a private joke, or something you’re known for
– hobbies / interests
– elements of the bride’s dress design
I also have a selection of wedding cake magazines, as well as my own display of wedding cakes for you to browse.
Using all the above we can then start creating your dream wedding cake, which will be a focal point for your special day that’s really personal to you, and something you’ll remember for years to come. And of course you can go away with one more thing crossed off your list!
Get in touch to discuss your ideas & arrange an appointment.