I make all my cakes using free-range eggs, real dairy butter (unless you request dairy-free), and sourcing British & local ingredients (British flour & butter, sugar & eggs from Suffolk, fresh fruit & jams from Essex) wherever possible.
Choose from the following yummy flavours – why not have a different flavour on each tier…
- Simple sponge – layered with Madagascan vanilla buttercream, and jam
- Lemon sponge – layered with lemon buttercream & curd. Why not try with passion fruit buttercream, or laced with lemon liqueur
- Rhubarb & vanilla sponge – made with fresh rhubarb, layered with Madagascan vanilla buttercream & rhubarb curd
- Chocolate sponge – layered with chocolate buttercream. Why not try with added orange, fresh raspberries or chocolate chips
- Chocolate fudge cake – layered with a chocolate & salt caramel buttercream (not suitable for dairy-free). Why not try with added orange, or fudge chunks
- Coffee & Baileys – moist coffee sponge, layered with Baileys buttercream. Why not try with added walnuts, or laced with coffee liqueur
- Orange, lime & coconut sponge – a gorgeous summery flavour, layered with lime/orange buttercream & curd. Why not try laced with Malibu
- Ginger cake – moist & gingery, layered with Madagascan vanilla buttercream (not suitable for dairy-free)
- Red velvet – an American classic, layered with cream cheese flavour buttercream (not suitable for dairy-free)
- Light fruit cake – a light, Dundee-style cake made with plenty of fruit (contains a little alcohol)
- Rich fruit cake – a dark, traditional fruit cake – smells like Christmas pudding (contains a little alcohol)
- Carrot cake – deliciously moist, made with sultanas & plenty of fresh carrots (contains a little alcohol). Not usually layered with anything as it’s perfect without
- Red wine chocolate cake – a rich, deep flavour, made with lashings of red wine & layered with cream cheese flavour buttercream
All cakes contain eggs, gluten and wheat and may contain milk products. Dairy-free & gluten-free options are available for most cakes on request (but see exceptions above).
All marzipan and fruit cakes contain nuts (almonds). Nut-free fruit cakes are available on request.
Cakes using dried fruit (fruit cakes, carrot cake) may also contain traces of sulphur dioxide.