You can reserve your date with a £60 deposit (this will be deducted from the final cost of your cake, but is non-refundable in the event of cancellation). Your signed & completed order form and 50% of the total then need to reach me by latest 3 months before your wedding, with the remaining balance due 1 month before the day.
Date availability is not guaranteed until your deposit has been received & cleared.
Balance shown is due on or before delivery/collection. If balance has not been received and cleared by this date, then the order will be deemed cancelled and any deposit paid (other than hire deposits) will be non-refundable.
Alterations / cancellation
Every effort will be made to accommodate changes to the order wherever possible. However, please note that no changes can be accepted within 3 weeks of the delivery date.
In the event of alteration or cancellation of the order / part of the order by the customer, any work already completed will still be chargeable & deducted from the deposit paid. In addition, in the event of entire order cancellation by the customer:
– Up to 3 weeks before the event, any remaining deposit will be returned to the customer, with the exception of ‘save the date’ deposits, which are non-refundable
– Up to 2 weeks before the event, 50% of any remaining deposit will be returned
– No refunds can be given for cancellations within 2 weeks of the ‘Cake to be ready on’ date shown overleaf
Unless otherwise specified, all cakes contain eggs, milk products, gluten and wheat. Marzipan and fruit cakes contain nuts (almonds). Fruit & carrot cakes may also contain traces of sulphur dioxide. Dairy-free / gluten-free / nut-free options are available for most cakes on request (this must be specified in the ‘Special dietary requirements’ section on the order form). While I can exclude these items from a recipe, and every care will be taken to prevent cross-contamination, please be aware that cakes are made in a kitchen where all these ingredients are used.
Every cake comes with a guarantee that if there’s anything wrong you can return it for a full refund, subject to the following conditions:
– In the highly unlikely event of any error in the design of the cake(s), i.e. which is not in accordance with the order details shown on your signed order form, this must be notified immediately on collection/delivery and before acceptance of the cake(s). Otherwise, the cake(s) will be deemed to be correct as ordered. In the event of the cake(s) being accepted on the customer’s behalf by the venue, any error must be notified within 24 hours of the occasion date, together with photographic evidence of the error.
– In the highly unlikely event of any problem with the construction/assembly of tiered cakes, this must be notified within 24 hours of delivery, together with photographic evidence of the problem. No responsibility can be accepted for tiered cakes assembled by any third party unless it is shown that cake(s) were in some way unsuitable for tiered assembly. No responsibility can be accepted for the safe delivery of any cakes collected from me once they’ve left my premises, unless it is shown that cake(s) were in some way unsuitable for transport.
– In the highly unlikely event of any problem with the quality of the cake(s), this must be notified within 24 hours of delivery (or of the occasion date, whichever is later), and samples demonstrating the problem made available for me to examine.
Cake shelf life & storage instructions: Sponge-based cakes are best eaten within three days of collection/delivery, except cupcakes which are best eaten on the day. Fruit/carrot cakes & cupcakes are best eaten within 3 weeks. Once cut (or for all cupcakes), store in an airtight container in a cool place, but ideally not refrigerated. No responsibility can be accepted for deterioration of any cake not treated in accordance with these instructions. Please note that cupcake cases may peel away when stored in airtight containers. All cakes can be frozen (wrap well in airtight packaging, defrost fully before unwrapping).
Unless agreed in advance that hired items will be collected by me after the event, it is the customer’s responsibility to arrange their safe return. Hire deposits will be refunded when items are returned in their original condition & packaging (but unwashed please) within 7 days of the occasion date (or other time as agreed by prior arrangement). If items are not returned within the agreed time, I reserve the right to collect them at a cost of £15/hour for my time, plus £0.45/mile (both based on a return trip). This cost will be deducted from the refundable hire deposit paid.